Monday, November 21, 2011

Turkducken: the tripple threat

Let's talk turkey. Chicken and duck. All account on falling asleep to Paula's Southern Thanksgiving show on Hulu, I decided I was going to make a Turkducken. I have never made one before, but she does a good job of showing us how its done and she made me laugh. I'm just going to make one...(can you imagine two turkduckens, aye!) So it will be first come first serve.

I want to say I'm thankful that Thanksgiving comes just when I need it most.  Family, good food, and the time to do nothing else but enjoy the both. And this year I'm especially thankful for you, as you all are apart of the Porch ROCKIN' family.  This Wednesday, lets pre game Thanksgiving and share it together. 

WED. 23rd Thanksgiving Pre game menu

Bread from Yellow Dog Bread Co.: Multigrain (MG), Jalepeno Cheddar (JC), French (F)

SANDWICHES
$6 BLT
applewood smoked bacon, thick sliced tomato, romaine, and mayo on JC

$5 CB and J
cashew butter and cranberry-pomegranate jam on MG

$7 Liza's the bomb Chicken salad
secret recipe on the classic side, served with lettuce and tomato on F
$6 J.Brady style
by way of lettuce leaves, means no bread

$8 The Turkducken tripple threat
with cornbread stuffing, sliced sandwich style, with havarti cheese, cranberry-apple-orange relish, and romaine on Sourdough

SIDES
$3 Mimi's mixed beans
pot of green beans, kidney beans, black eyed peas, baked beans, and corn

$2 Aunt Carolyn's Orange salad
a creamy, jello, orange salad (you always get a second-or third helping, I can't describe how good it is!)

THIS WEEK AVAILABLE JARS/TUBS
The Bomb Chicken salad
8oz sm= $5 & 16oz lg=$9

$4 4oz cranberry-pomegranate jam
fresh cranberries and straight pomegranate juice, with orange zest and vanilla